Christie’s Place is a leading nonprofit social service organization in San Diego County that provides comprehensive HIV/AIDS education, support, and advocacy to women, children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. Our mission is to empower our clients to take charge of their health and well-being. Transforming lives since 1996, we are the only organization in San Diego whose mission is dedicated to serving women, children and families infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Our integrity, expertise, and longstanding foundation in the community, along with the delivery of family-centered and comprehensive social services, cultivates hope and empowers women, children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. The strength and values behind Christie’s Place represent our long-term commitment to AIDS and our ability to respond effectively and directly to evolving needs.
Click image below to watch on YouTube the newest video about Christie's Place from Alliance Healthcare Foundation
Agency goals include:
- Provide social & supportive services to assist women & families with children in maintaining and/or improving their personal health status and quality of life.
- Foster self-empowerment and develop leadership skills for women. Educate and encourage women to take an active role in their own care and treatment, and in planning for services.
- Increase access to health care.
- Develop strategies to overcome real and perceived barriers to the system of care.
- Provide basic needs assistance so that women and children can focus on their medical care and treatment.
- Mobilize and support women in advocacy work to strengthen the voices of HIV+ women in determining policy and advocating for services that directly affect their lives.